Friday, August 5, 2011

Low Fat Oatmeal Banana Bread

{via}
Just another overcast summer day here in San Fran, so I'm off to bake this banana bread recipe c/o the adorable & talented Joy the Baker. Because, I never stick to recipes (a trait I learned from my husband), I like to add walnuts, a dollup of greek yogurt, nutmeg and then shredded coconut on top. Yeah, it ups the fat anty, but I don't really care about that (now that I'm nursing the little engine that could, I need all the calories I can get. In the words of my 89 year old neighbor back in Asheville, 'Ain't nobody want a bone, but a dog!').
The reason I like this particular recipe is because of the oats, which are considered a galactagogue. For more on galactagogues and diet considerations while nursing I HIGHLY recommend the book MOTHER FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment