Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Chaos


I'm probably dating myself by saying this, but here goes; I lurved Punky Brewster when I was young! Ok, I all too much related to Punky Brewster when I was young. And maybe even so now (my socks rarely match & as my husband would attest, for better or worse I still got a little rebelious sass leftover from those early years)!

{via}

...so it was treat to hear a couple years back that Soleil Moon Frye, the show's star, opened an eco-friendly children's store in LA called the Littlest Seed. A mother of two, she has also written a book called Happy Chaos to be released August 23rd. A description from Amazon:


'Soleil believes that "happy chaos" is the sign of a family operating at its best-when parents accept that they'll make mistakes, that there will be messes, tears and skinned knees. She learned to love a jumbled life during her own childhood, when her own mom created an atmosphere that was thoroughly unconventional. Their house in Los Angeles was a haven for many young stars of Soleil's generation, often far from home and looking for a safe place to hang out. In this book, she shows how her happy but chaotic childhood informed her parenting: Each chapter begins with a telling reminiscence before moving into insightful advice and fun stories about life with her husband and two adorable daughters'. 

  • click here to view a video trailer for the book
  • soleil's personal blog
  • to pre-order the book

No comments:

Post a Comment