Monday, March 14, 2011

Mama Alanis

My husband tells me "Just wait and you'll see..."
"How different a person you'll feel from one moment to the next."

He's talking about the very first moment we see our son.

It's funny. I'm not afraid of childbirth. Not in the least. But I am so afraid of that moment, about the intensity of my heart leaping out of my body. Afraid of not being able to stop crying in gratitude, awe, responsibility.

I love what new mama, Alanis Morissette posts about this feeling:

"Ever has cracked open a door in my heart that i had been dusting off for years in anticipation of this kind of opportunity to love. and what i have found on the other side is no less than a golden healing balm and celebration....
and a responsibility that i feel blessed to take on...privileged. inspired. ready.
the softest and cuddliest sucker punch."

No comments:

Post a Comment