Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jason Schwartzman Picking Albums for Baby



Spending these last days of pregnancy, well, doing a lot of things! But, dreamily assembling some play lists to soothe, inspire, stimulate & make my baby smile. Sharing music you love with your little ones is such an amazing and easy means of bonding and education. One of my earliest memories is of my dad playing Rolling Stones on vinyl and singing along for my brother and I. Lately I've been thinking a lot about my parents and how they seemed so intuitive in their roles of exposing us to the world. We didn't have a lot of money, but we had killer road trips, awesome craft parties, marathon reading sessions, and...music. My love of a wide range of tunes is something about my parents, and particularly my dad that will always be a part of me. And now my son.

This video of Jason Schwartzman sorting tunes for his new daughter Marlowe Rivers has some great picks I wouldn't have thought of, but am certainly game to add now:

Brian Eno - Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks
Bob Dylan - Desire 
Alain Goraguer - La Planete Sauvage 
The Beatles - Beatles ‘65
The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request 
Donovan - Wear Your Love Like Heaven 
Donovan - Barabajagal 
Soundtrack - Gulliver’s Travels: Beyond the Moon 
Leonard Cohen - New Skin for the Old Ceremony 
Harry Nilsson - Harry

via daddycomplex

Back to the iTunes store (with hopes of vinyl again one day)!!
xoxo, ~mama e

No comments:

Post a Comment