Thursday, July 21, 2011

new mama facial care (from the inside out)


{via}

while i'm on a beauty kick...
for the most part i've been pretty lucky. inheriting my mom's Mediterranean skin, i've spent most of my life battling oil control as opposed to moisture issues. but after i gave birth and almost four months out, with very little sleep and lots of breast-feeding i have for the first time found my skin to feel a little...dry. what the #&@#! i don't like it, but it appears i'm not alone. i'm a pretty mellow mama, but i do care about my skin, particularly as it is representative of the health of my inner vital organs. 

 some things are gonna change around here! 

my p.o.a:
  • #1!!! Sleep. not much i can do about this now, but i could get better at sleeping when my little locomotive goes down.
  • water.water.water. lots more water.
  • amp up the fruits, veggies, and greens. easy now that it's summer.
  • increase healthy fats; walnuts, flax, olive oil, coconut, avocado
  • shorten my time in the shower *this never used to be an issue, until the shower turned into my only moments alone, my mini-vacation
  • take cooler showers while i'm at it
  • spend a little more time upon awakening & going to bed in quiet meditation
  • drink this smoothie
  • and maybe just maybe, splurge on this divine serum from one love organics




No comments:

Post a Comment