Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fruit Basket Entertainment Center

While making my breakfast burrito this morning, my little guy contently studies the forms
and colors of apples, oranges, nectarines, and lemons. 

There is some wildly obnoxious (by obnoxious, I mean ugly) baby gear out there, and we fall for it.
New parents, we're such easy prey!

 In the hopes of intellectually stimulating our children, we buy things like the Bright Starts Around We Go Activity Station or Baby Einstein Around The World Play Gym. Now I'm a modern mother as well, so even though I wear or carry my baby most of the day there are times when he's wide awake and I need to set him down. Also one to "never say never," it may very well be that by next month there's a loudly colored plastic thingie from China sitting like an elephant in my living room. However, it's purpose would be clear; my son will not be destined to become the next Einstein by sitting in it, but I may be able to squeeze in a 5 minute shower knowing he is happily engaged.

Before peppering my home with the next expensive primary-colored gizmo, for the time being though I make use of what I already have. And in that case, we both get to use our imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment