Friday, December 7, 2012

Traditions for Self-Inspiration

Lately, with the season of course, I've been thinking a lot about tradition and how in many ways we have lost their importance in both our homes and in our communities. But, in returning to self, the origin of all--How often do we as mothers and women give ourselves the gift of rituals? Wouldn't we certainly be more present for those whom we love when we give to ourselves in ways that hold meaning...

It can be oh-so-hard, especially as a single parent, but in the time that my son is with is father, I'm am trying and searching to create nurturing rituals for myself. I am quite visual in my process, so when I came across this blog entry via a blogger who also liked Veronica Varlow's post, I was quite taken.

{via}

I love to see what I am cultivating. I love dream boards and books. And I love this idea of quite literally surrounding yourself by those who inspire you!

*and for some nerdy information on the significance of 7 calendar days

No comments:

Post a Comment